Sunday, March 29, 2015

2006- Pan's Labyrinth and 2013- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

These two movies were claimed by my friend Linda.  So they're being watched very out of order.

2006: Pan's Labyrinth



Movie Facts:
Directed by Guillermo del Toro
Rating R
Genre: Fantasy/Drama
Tagline: What happens when make-believe believes it's real?
Staring beautiful Spanish/Mexican actors and actresses

Movie Before Thoughts:
The first time I saw this movie was in 2007 at an outdoor movie screening at my first job at SAC.  We were showing the movie for Hispanic Heritage month.  OMG it was so scary! Why did no one tell me this movie was scary! I blame my first boss, he told me it was a great movie- nothing about it being scary as all hell! It is beautiful. I'll give everyone credit for that.  Guillermo del Toro makes the most beautiful movies but this one was beautiful and scary. Like horror movie scary. Like I had nightmares and can't watch a certain scene ever again- I don't think I even watched it that first time, so I don't know how that scene ends! This is a movie that was claimed by my friend Linda, so we're going to watch it sometime during the week when there's time.  But these are my thoughts- I'm excited to see it again because it's beautiful, I'm less excited to see the scary white may without eyes again because I may scream.

Movie After Thoughts:
As usual my friend Linda does not like this movie as much as her husband and I do. She did let us keep the subtitles on but did spend the entire movie correcting it and repeating things in Spanish under her breath- it was kinda entertaining.  I still love this movie.  I love it because it's such a dark film both aesthetically and story wise. I am a fan of sad and depressing movies and this does not disappoint.  The world the girl lives in is dark and harsh and awful, as if her fantasy. Even her escape is dark! As usual I couldn't watch the scary hand eye man eat the fairies because it's scary! So I took that moment to refill my champagne. But the rest of the movie isn't scary so just that one part. Overall it's a gorgeous film and I love the fairy tale aspected of it and just overall love it.

Tyler's Rating: A+! Did I mention I love it?

20013: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty 



Movie Facts:
Directed by Ben Stiller
Rated PG
Genre Fantasy/Drama
Tagline: Stop Dreaming, Start Living.
Ben Stiller - as awesome, I love him in this movie.
Kristen Wiig - I dislike her in the end I think...can't remember
Sean Penn - Cameo!

Movie Thoughts:
I saw this with my mom when I was home for Christmas break two years ago. We both loved it. One of the few movies on this list I saw with my mama! I remember it being just a nice, light, feel good movie.  I've only seen it the once so we'll see how I remembered it. This is one of those movies that I remember how I felt after I watched it and I liked that feeling, a nice happy warm feeling. So let's see!

Awww still same good feeling at the end. I think its just a nice fun adventure movie. It's so beautiful! Oh my gosh lets go to Iceland! I love the cinematography in this film. I appreciated the moments of "silence" or at least lack of dialogue because the music fit the scenery so well.  Just a good feel good movie.


Tyler's Rating: A.

--------------------
Okay I have 3 more movies to review, but since we're a bit out of order I only have two more to watch at this time. We're almost there!

Overview of the Project
My thoughts on Legend
1986-1989 Movies
1990-1993 Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment