Thursday, February 19, 2015

30 days, 30 years, 30 movies.

Soon I will have been alive for 30 years! I am so excited to turn thirty it scares my friends.  To celebrate I'm doing a lot- spending time with friends, family, eating super good food and drinking really good wine.  That's basically all I got.  But since I'm super lucky and my 30th birthday falls on March 30th I thought I'd do something extra fun and silly.  I'm going to watch one movie from every year I've been alive-  here are my options if you have thoughts on which should win feel free to comment below and I'll update and post new blogs for movies that really had a fun impact. as well as at the end which once I ended up watching.

1985- The Breakfast Club
           Legend
           Clue*
           A Chorus Line*
1986-  Top Gun
           Stand By Me*
           Pretty in Pink*
           Short Circuit
           Little Shop of Horrors*
1987- The Princess Bride*
           Dirty Dancing*
           The Lost Boys
           Empire of the Sun
           Harry and the Hendersons
1988-  Beetlejuice*
           Rain Man
           Who Framed Roger Rabbit*
           Willow*
           Heathers*        
           Big
1989-  Batman
           Dead Poets Society
           The Little Mermaid*
           Say Anything*
           Steal Magnolias*
           Troop Beverly Hills*
1990- Pretty Woman
           Edward Scissorhands*
           Dick Tracy*
           Arachnophobia
           The Witches
           Mermaids* 
1991- The Silence of the Lambs
           Hook*
           Thelma & Louise
           My Girl*
           The Father of the Bride*
           City Slickers
           Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
           Drop Dead Fred
1992-  Reservoir Dogs*
           A Few Good Men
           A League of Their Own
           Newsies*
           Buffy the Vampire Slayer
1993-  Jurassic Park
           The Sandlot
           Hocus Pocus*
           Robin Hood Men in Tights
           Falling Down
           The Three Musketeers
           Benny & Joon*
1994- The Shawshank Redemption
           Forrest Gump
           Leon
           Interview with a Vampire*
           Clerks*
1995- Se7en
          Clueless
          Toy Story*
           A Little Princess*
           Empire Records
           Too Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar
1996- Jerry Maguire*
           Romeo + Juliet*
           The Birdcage
           The Craft*
           Mars Attacks!
1997-  Boogie Nights*
           Starship Troopers*
           The Fifth Element*
           Contact
           The Saint*
1998- The Big Lebowski*
           Saving Private Ryan
           The Truman Show
           The Wedding Singer*
           The X-Files
1999-  American Beauty*
           Office Space
           Girl, Interrupted*
           Magnolia*
           The Talented Mr. Ripley
           Dogma*
2000- Snatch*
           Almost Famous*
           O Brother, Where Art Thou*
           Chocolat*
           High Fidelity*
           Boondock Saints*
2001- Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone*
           Ocean's Eleven*
           Moulin Rouge*
           Blow
           Vanilla Sky*
           Gosford Park*
2002- Star Wars Episode 2- Attack of the Clones*
           Ice Age
           Chicago*
           Signs
           Punch Drunk Love*
2003- Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl* 
           Finding Nemo*
           Big Fish*
           Lost in Translation*
           Mystic River*
2004-  Mean Girls*
           Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind*
           50 First Dates*
           The Life Aquatic*
           Closer*
2005- Batman Begins*
           Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire*
           V for Vendetta*
           The Chronicles of Narnia- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe*
           Walk the Line*
           Jarhead*
2006- The Departed*
           The Prestige*
           Pan's Labyrinth
           Cars
           Stranger than Fiction*
2007-  Stardust*
           Juno*
           The Golden Compass*
           Knocked Up*
           Pirates of Caribbean at World's End*
          Ocean's Thirteen*
          Across the Universe*
2008- The Dark Knight*
           Twilight*
           Mamma Mia*
           Vicky Cristina Barcelona
2009- Watchmen
           The Hangover*
           District 9*
           Up in the Air
           Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Price*
          Up*
2010- Inception*
          The Social Network*
           Easy A*
           Toy Story 3
           Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World*
2011- Harry Potter & the Dealthy Hallows Part 2*
           X-Men First Class*
           The Help
           The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
2012- The Hunger Games*
           The Dark Knight Rises*
           Zero Dark Thirty
           Silver Linings Playbook*
           Moonrise Kingdom*
           Les Miserables*
2013-  Frozen*
           The Great Gatsby*
           The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
           American Hustle*
2014- Gone Girl
           Big Hero 6
           Interstellar
           Guardians of the Galaxy*
           The Grand Budapest Hotel*
           The Book of Life

* = I own.


With the help of IMBD these are not my favorite movies from these years, not all the movies I own from these years in fact since I own over 300 DVDs (yes I know I have a problem).  I own 104 on this list of 165.  There are no movies on this list I haven't already seen.  And there are a few movies I'll disqualify because I've seen them pretty recently like in the last 3ish months.  I could have added all the Harry Potter movies but I may watch those all before the end of February so we'll see. Either way these are all movies I really like for some weird reason or another.

So this all starts March 1st.  Now I probably wont be able to watch one movie a day so I'll probably end up binging a bit on the weekends.  Also for the rest of February I'm going to tackle some of these I know I can't make in March.  So I'll try to post at least once a week maybe twice a week in March with my progress and what years I cover.  This should be fun! Anyone who knows me knows how obsessive I can be when I decide I want to do something so while it'll be fun it will also be really really obnoxious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment