Thursday, October 27, 2016

September 2003 - December 2006 in Movies


Before I turned 30 I did this really silly movie project where I watched 30 movies in kinda 30 days where I challenged myself to watch a movie from every year I'd been alive. It was a super fun project that totally took more than 30 days but I did watch a movie from each year and some were good and some were bad. But since I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd do the same thing (kinda) for my 10 year college graduation anniversary! I was just going to do a movie per year like my 30 project but then that'd be really short and I wanted to make it more interesting...so I'm going to do more than that but break it up into semesters. So Fall 2003, Spring 2005, Summer 2006...etc. I made a list to start it off!  I'll have till December 16th to finish it.

These are all the movies I saw when I was at TLU, the ones in italics are the ones I think I'm going to watch. * = I own it. If it was in my 30:30:30 project it's noted and will not be re-watched for this project. (Special Note: Google and Wikipedia have a disagreement or two on when movies came out so there could honestly be a few more I'm missing but I'm only including here the ones I saw in the theatre not movies that came out and I then saw later, I may make another list of those later...)

Fall 2003
Lost in Translation*
Mystic River*
Love Actually*
Something’s Gotta Give
Anything Else
Matchstick Men
The Lord of the Ring: Return of the King
Big Fish*
Mona Lisa Smile


Spring 2004
Along Came Polly
50 First Dates*
The Butterfly Effect
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights*
Hidalgo
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind*
Secret Window
Jersey Girl
Troy
The Ladykillers
Mean Girls*
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban*
Saved*


Summer 2004
Napoleon Dynamite
The Stepford Wives
Dodgeball
The Terminal
The Door in the Floor
De-Lovely*
Anchorman
Garden State* (30:30:30)


Fall 2004
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Sideways*
The Incredibles*
Closer*
The Phantom of the Opera*
Spanglish*
Meet the Fockers*
The Life Aquatic*
In Good Company*


Spring 2005
Sin City
The Longest Yard


Summer 2005
Batman Begins*
March of the Penguins
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Constant Gardener


Fall 2005
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*
Walk the Line* (30:30:30)
Rent*
Crash*
The Chronicles of Narnia, Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe*
The Family Stone
Shopgirl*


Spring 2006
Failure to Launch
V for Vendetta*
Ice Age the Meltdown
Lucky Number Slevin*
The Da Vinci Code
X-Men the Last Stand


Summer 2006
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man’s Chest*
Clerks II*


Fall 2006
The Last Kiss*
Man of the Year
Stranger than Fiction*
Dream Girls*
Pursuit of Happyness
Night at the Museum
Pan’s Labyrinth* (30:30:30)

I graduated college early how did I have time to see 67 movies? Some of these were clearly not my choice to see and I am going to only watch movies I own for this project. But I'm going to try to do at least 16 movies since I graduated on December 16th (yes I know I'm ridiculous). But may do a bonus one for fun! I think it'll be fun to look back on these movies, do similar reviews like I did last time but also think about where I was when in my life when I saw these different movies, who I saw them with, what they meant then and if they mean the same thing now. There are some semesters where I loved so many movies and then others I was kinda meh on, so should be fun.

Stay tuned....also I need a project name...16 for 16? 10:16? TLU 3, 4, 5, 6? Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment