Friday, November 2, 2012

Bryan's First Friday

So it's First Friday, if I was at home I'd avoid downtown like the plague.  But since I'm in Bryan, TX apparently if you go early enough you miss the crowds.  The basic concept is similar, but just on a much much smaller scale.  Live music, art, street artist/performers and all the shops and bar are open.

First stop Uncorked the wine bar.  My fave place in downtown Bryan.  I've seriously been there at least once a week since I've moved here, some weeks more than once.  Thursday they have 1/2 price bottle night, they have yummy snacks and really reasonably priced good wine.  The owner is super nice and today she gave out Frequent Customer cards.  So basically after another month I'll get cheaper wine! Whoo-hoo! It's a super casual environment.  I've been there in jeans and t-shirt, my friend HR Liz brings her kids and there's an outdoor area for men with their stinky cigars.  I can't speak higher of the place.

After about an hour there we walk around the shops and take in the sites.  Super cute hippy dippy stores are everywhere.  As well as the expensive boutiques and gourmet chocolate shops.  Live music everywhere.  The weather was perfect for it.  Towards the end I stopped in a music shop for new guitar strings- it was way past due.  But overall it was a super ice experience.

One of the things I love about Bryan/College Station is you can go out, have a good time and still get home before 9! I love it.  Every time I go out right after work I get home before it's too late, before the college students get crazy and before I can do too much damage to my tomorrow self.

No comments:

Post a Comment