Friday, December 12, 2014

Review: Eleanor & Park


Eleanor & Park
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



God I'm so glad I was never in love as a teenager. It seems so painful gosh. I really enjoyed this book too. I find this author's writing style super easy to follow and a very quick read. She uses lots of dialogue that's a thing in YA right? While I enjoyed Landline more and will remember it much more fondly I really liked this book too. But seriously maybe I'm just too old or something but geesh kids think everything is life or death, right? I really don't feel like this book was set in the 80s I mean yah there are no smart phones, computers and they use mixed tapes (adorable) but really I didn't feel like it needed to be set in a certain decade. SPOILER ALERT- I think there are still these problems today with blended families (isn't that what we called it in the 90s?) Step-parents that are abusive and kids that are afraid to tell someone. I mean of course if you grow up afraid of your parents, like actually physically and mentally afraid of your parents what sort of toll will that take on your life?! Afraid of being kicked out of your home, hit by your parents, your siblings abused or neglected. I can't imagine it, but those were the truly shocking and upsetting moments of the book. The love story- eh whatever again I too hate Romeo and Juliet and don't consider it a great love story so yah there's that...but I still enjoyed the book and will look back on it well...don't know if I want to read anything else by this author her other book didn't really appeal to me like Landline and this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment