Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Every Day


Every Day
Every Day by David Levithan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I already know this is going to be a favorite. I just finished it and I know. This book was awesome and my first 5 star of the year. I read it too fast I wish I could have lived in it longer, but I had to know what would happen.

Imagine everyday waking up in a different body. You have the same consciousness everyday but each day you're physically someone new, you can access their memories and try to live their lives like they would so the next morning when they wake up back in their body there isn't too much disruption. You age at the regular rate and everyday you wake up in the body of someone the age you're supposed to be. Some days you're a girl, somedays a boy, somedays overweight, somedays super hot, somedays an addict, somedays broken or hungover. One day you fall in love with the body's girlfriend and for the first time in your life you tell someone what's happening to you. What do you do?

There are parts besides the end of this book that made me cry, A (the consciousness' name) inhabits some truly horrible people, A inhabits some wonderful people and he tries to respect their lives until he can't. Only intervening when absolutely necessary (that one made me cry). I loved this book and want to tell everyone about it. Have you read Every Day? OMG you should. Go read it, go read it cause I'm not gonna stop bugging you till you do.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment