Friday, September 7, 2012

They're only days.

2,094 days ago I graduated from TLU with my BA in History.

2,000 days ago I started a job at San Antonio College in Student Activities, I did a little bit of everything there.  I worked with student organizations, student leaders, faculty advisors, student fees, recreational sports and activities.  I was 12 when I started- not really I was 21, but it felt like 12.

632 days ago I got engaged.

604 days ago I left my job at San Antonio College.  

600 days ago I started my job at UTSA in the University Center.  I get to supervise students, advise a program council and curate an art gallery.  Such a cool combination of my BA skills and my Masters.

508 days ago I bought a house.

503 days ago I got married.

494 days ago mama fell into a coma.

491 days ago I graduated with my M. Ed. but did not walk.

488 days ago mama woke up.

484 days ago I cancelled our honeymoon.

292 days ago my amazing nephew Isaac was born.

162 days ago I turned 27 and my boss’ boss suggested I start looking for new job opportunities.

99 days ago I had a video interview with Baylor. (not selected)

81 days ago I had an in person interviewed with UT Austin. (not selected)

73 days ago I had a phone interview with Texas A&M University.

51 days ago I had an in person interview with TLU. (not selected)

18 days ago I had an inperson interview at Texas A&M University.

17 days ago my husband moved out of our house.

15 days ago TAMU made me a job offer and I submitted my resignation to UTSA.

10 days ago my last art exhibit as a curator at UTSA opened.

7 days ago I found an apartment in Bryan, TX.

Yesterday I hired movers.

The last 6 years have been really busy, I’ve done a lot, I’ve learned a lot and I wouldn’t change any of it- except maybe the mama falling into a coma- that really wasn’t necessary.  But they’re only days behind me now, good days, bad days, scary days and I’m looking forward to the next 2,000 days and the excitement they’ll bring.

In 12 hours my husband will move out for good and back to Houston. *

In 6 days I’ll have my last Gallery 23 reception at UTSA.

In 8 days I’ll leave my house, family and friends in San Antonio and move to Bryan, TX.

In 10 days I’ll be starting a new job at Texas A&M in Student Activities.  Where I will oversee the registration process of their over 800 student organizations, advise a student activities sponsored organization, work on the concessions committee and do risk management presentations for student organizations.



*I’m not ready to talk about it. We’re separated and my father is filing our divorce papers, we’ll both be okay, but for now I'm just not ready to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment