Friday, August 16, 2013

Review: Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury


Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury
Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury by Sam Weller

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I had super high hopes for this book. I love Ray Bradbury and I thought short stories in his style would be an awesome quick read. But since this thing took me forever to read I guess not. So many of the stores were wonderful and amazing but others to me were duds. My faves are below

Sam Weller - The Girl In The Funeral Parlor- sweet, super sweet.
David Morrell - The Companions- BEST SHORT STORY EVER!
Thomas F. Monteleone - The Exchange- Beautiful
Lee Martin - Cat on a Bad Couch- very touching
Joe Hill - By The Silver Water Of Lake Champlain- OMG Creepy!
John McNally - The Phone Call- Creepy & awesome.
Gary Braunbeck - Fat Man And Little Boy- LOVED! I could picture it all.
Bonnie Jo Campbell - The Tattoo- LOVE
Audrey Niffenegger - Backwards In Seville
Julia Keller - Hayleigh's Dad- ahhhh creepy!
Dave Eggers - Who Knocks?- SCARY
Bayo Ojikutu - Reservation 2020
Kelly Link - Two Houses- Loved this story totally fun, creepy in a way you easily see coming.

I really liked the creepy scary ones, which is unusual for me. But as a whole this was a really great collection, but some just didn't hit the mark with me.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment