Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: How to Eat a Cupcake


How to Eat a Cupcake
How to Eat a Cupcake by Meg Donohue

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This was a sweet little bubble-gummy book but I'm so glad I read it. It's about friends, friends who fall out and come back together- those are the best types of friends. Friends who fight and love like sisters. And eat lots of delicious cupcakes in between. I got this book cause it was on sale for super cheap at BN online and it just sounded fun. I've always liked books with food in the title [b:I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti|5996317|I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti|Giulia Melucci|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344271778s/5996317.jpg|6170613] and [b:The Toaster Broke So We're Getting Married|6077049|The Toaster Broke So We're Getting Married|Pamela Holm|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347480736s/6077049.jpg|6253646] are two other cheapie books I got that I ended up loving too.

So How to Eat a Cupcake- first thing you do is take off the paper wrapper. This story is written from two points of view Annie's & Julia's. Each chapter alternates back and forth. These are the two childhood friends reunited. Both are dealing with their own pasts and moving forward and decide to open a cupcakery together. At the beginning they're more frenemies than friends but they make up for it quickly.

Maybe because I'm homesick, maybe because I miss my friends but this book just made me sigh and say "ahhh" a lot. Nothing was too shocking, no one got irreparably hurt and it was a super quick read. It's just a nice feel good book and a great book to kick off the summer with. So yay.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment