- Drink plenty of water I've been trying to do this one all school year actually and it's going pretty good. Rarely does a day go by where I don't drink at least one bottle of water and several glasses with meals
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar Doubtful that I'll ever be able to do this one, Lunch and Dinner are usually my best meals
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. I'm trying to do this one this semester- right now I'm in the just adding phase, I'm just adding these types of foods to what I already eat
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy. I think I've always kind of done this one and I try to pay special attention to this when I'm at the office
- Make time to pray.
- Play more games. I got a Wii :)
- Read more books than you did in 2009. I would love to!
- Sit in silence for at 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours I try to get 8 hours at least 4 nights a week and 6-7 hours the other 3 nights...but usually there's one night that I get like only 5
- Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile. I'm trying to get Bruce to do this with me too sometimes- I suggested it like two weekends ago and we still haven't gotten to it...maybe this weekend...but I walk at least 30 minutes a day and probably usually more- plus I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment building so I move
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is about. Will try...will try
- Don’t have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment. I suck at this! I get totally wrapped up in things I can't control so I'm totally gonna try to do this.
- Don’t over do it. Keep/Know your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip. This is one of my actual New Year's resolutions but I specified it to family gossip because my family is horrible about!
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. Enough said.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/Her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness. I'm on it.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others. I did realize this last semester and I've been doing much better with this one.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present. I'm trying!
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime. I feel really lucky that I have some really great teachers too. I have tons of people trying to help me out with this one.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. Bruce and I take turns winning and losing, but we haven't really had real arguments...
For me the Personality Ones are gonna be the hardest- I'm kinda judge-y, I do get envious and I argue a lot. But I do a lot of the positive stuff too, I just need to balance it out better with more positive happy stuff and a lot less of the judge-y stuff.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything. I'm pretty good at this one already.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day. DONE
- What other people think of you is none of your business. Oh-goodness. Yes it is.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or loyal.
- GOD heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. This is important because chances are once you do you'll feel better after you're there.
- The best is yet to come.
- When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.