Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Last Minute Resolutions

Now that January is almost over, hopefully everyone has their resolutions in order. Thanks to a friendly co-worker who sent this to me in an email- I think these are some great jumping off points for how to always live, but even better to start the year off right by doing them. Try to pick at least 2 from each category and make it a point to do those things all the time. I'd love to make some of them mandatory for my office...but since I can't I'll just share with as many people as possible. I'm bolding the things I need to work on or already somewhat do and italics are my thoughts.

Health:
  1. Drink plenty of water I've been trying to do this one all school year actually and it's going pretty good. Rarely does a day go by where I don't drink at least one bottle of water and several glasses with meals
  2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar Doubtful that I'll ever be able to do this one, Lunch and Dinner are usually my best meals
  3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. I'm trying to do this one this semester- right now I'm in the just adding phase, I'm just adding these types of foods to what I already eat
  4. Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy. I think I've always kind of done this one and I try to pay special attention to this when I'm at the office
  5. Make time to pray.
  6. Play more games. I got a Wii :)
  7. Read more books than you did in 2009. I would love to!
  8. Sit in silence for at 10 minutes each day.
  9. Sleep for 7 hours I try to get 8 hours at least 4 nights a week and 6-7 hours the other 3 nights...but usually there's one night that I get like only 5
  10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile. I'm trying to get Bruce to do this with me too sometimes- I suggested it like two weekends ago and we still haven't gotten to it...maybe this weekend...but I walk at least 30 minutes a day and probably usually more- plus I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment building so I move

Personality:
  1. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is about. Will try...will try
  2. Don’t have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment. I suck at this! I get totally wrapped up in things I can't control so I'm totally gonna try to do this.
  3. Don’t over do it. Keep/Know your limits.
  4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
  5. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip. This is one of my actual New Year's resolutions but I specified it to family gossip because my family is horrible about!
  6. Dream more while you are awake.
  7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. Enough said.
  8. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/Her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness. I'm on it.
  9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others. I did realize this last semester and I've been doing much better with this one.
  10. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present. I'm trying!
  11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime. I feel really lucky that I have some really great teachers too. I have tons of people trying to help me out with this one.
  13. Smile and laugh more.
  14. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. Bruce and I take turns winning and losing, but we haven't really had real arguments...
For me the Personality Ones are gonna be the hardest- I'm kinda judge-y, I do get envious and I argue a lot. But I do a lot of the positive stuff too, I just need to balance it out better with more positive happy stuff and a lot less of the judge-y stuff.

Society:
  1. Call your family often.
  2. Each day give something good to others.
  3. Forgive everyone for everything. I'm pretty good at this one already.
  4. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
  5. Try to make at least three people smile each day. DONE
  6. What other people think of you is none of your business. Oh-goodness. Yes it is.
  7. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:
  1. Do the right thing!
  2. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or loyal.
  3. GOD heals everything.
  4. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
  5. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. This is important because chances are once you do you'll feel better after you're there.
  6. The best is yet to come.
  7. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
  8. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment